Free valuations and fantastic fees.. Thinking on selling your house??? Give us a shout on 02870320980... New Addition to the Dallas Real Estate team is Dallas Mortgages... Any enquries call Jordan on 02870320980 (Option 3)


EPCs - Energy Performance Certificates Coleraine

Renting out or selling your property?

If you are selling or renting out your property, either privately or through an agent, you must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for that property. The EPC must be produced by an accredited energy assessor. You can find an accredited energy assessor by visiting for dwellings or for all other properties. To produce the EPC, the energy assessor will need to inspect the property and use information such as type of construction, heating system and lighting. An EPC is needed even if there is no heating system or services such as in commercial retail or warehouse units or incomplete dwellings. If you are unhappy with the content or quality of the EPC you should speak to the energy assessor and their accreditation body. The penalty for not complying with the above is £200 for dwellings and from £500-£5000 for any other property, and you can be fined more than once.

Wanting to buy or rent a property?

When you first ask about a property which is for sale or rent, the owner or estate agent must show you its Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The EPC colour coded bar chart must also be included on all advertising materials such as brochures or on the website. The EPC tells you which energy band the property falls into. It uses a colour coded bar chart with a scale of A to G, similar to washing machines or fridges where: A is very good, which means the property will be less expensive to run. G is very poor which means the property will be more expensive to run. The EPC will also come with cost effective recommendations to improve the energy efficiency of the building. You can also check if the property has an EPC by visiting for dwellings or for all other properties.